About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 8 - July 6th

I went to the Edmonton Telus World of Science today. Interesting...it's just like the one in Calgary - a lot of exhibits weren't working. That was always such a big headache for us in Calgary. With so many hands-on things to do and very little staff - things just get neglected. Hmmm...now that I think of it -I don't recall seeing any staff at all after the ticket counter.

One of the exhibits was about how our bodies work. I totally backed out of one room in record time!!!! It was full of jars - sealed, I hope - of fluids and excretions and...well, you get the idea. I didn't need to look at those. When you think about it - the body is pretty amazing - and pretty...well... of the earth, so to speak. I learned that every time you learn something new - your brain reshapes itself in that area - I guess we are a lot like nanyites - creating and building and inventing as we go.

I also saw an IMAX film called, "Fly Me to The Moon." (I love the way Frank Sinatra sings that song!) It was a cute film about 3 flies who tag along on the famous 1969 trip to the moon. It was cute. One thing, though...I thought the screen was supposed to be gigantic?

I remember when they were first bringing this technology out. A couple of my brothers, some friends and I were at the Calgary Stampede and we were in this tent. They showed a short movie of a roller coaster ride and of a car ride. In both you felt like you were in the front seat and wow! was it great! Because you had to crane your neck so far back to see everything, you got real dizzy and a lot of people were falling down. It was great!! This IMAX was like being in any cinema...(pout).

In the evening I went through some of Cristen's scrap booking paper pack, that she, Trish and I all bought from Costco back in the fall, (we are having a scrapbook weekend in Linden near the end of the month and we all need to prepare a 2 page layout for each of the others) looking for some paper to borrow. We're supposed to make our layouts from our stashes but I don't have 12 of any one patterned paper.so...

And yes, I did read some of the 3rd book...I don't know if there are anymore in the series. I hope not - I hate to be left hanging...even if it's done gently...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment