About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 1 - June 29th

Bernard and I arrived here around 11:30, stopped to get house keys from Cristen only to be told that Chris was at home getting the house ready. I didn't want to interrupt his groove so we just dropped off a few things and I had Bernard drop me off at Costco wheile he went to a business meeting.

Costco is a great place to wander around and get your 'steps' in, especially when you KNOW you aren't buying anything (until tomorrow when there'll be room in Crissy's fridge for your stuff). I really wanted to buy some books, though...but I didn't. Money is tight (when isn't it...lol!)and I do have a library card.

Bernard snuck up on me in Costco - I was in the process of calling him - he'd dropped me off an hour and a half previously - and 'poof' there he was at my side with his phone ringing! He was full of good news - the fellow he'd gone to see has work for him and while he was there another fellow he'd wanted to talk to called the first fellow and Bernard was able to get work from the second fellow, too! (Was that to many fellows to follow...? lol!)

Next, we decided to use a 'free' movie pass so we saw Night at the Museum - Battle of the Smithsonian. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT was your valuable time and money. That is just under an hour that I will never get back. You heard right, just under an hour - because that's all I could stand before I elected to go to the lobby and read the Movie magazine. Bernard followed shortly after. You know what they say about sequels? Well, this one proved the stereotype. Seriously, only go if you want your intelligence to be insulted and you just can't wait to be bored to death.

Anyways, off to find a Walmart - a quick call to Chris who jumped on his Blackberry to find the nearest location - where I got a backpack to carry things in as I'm on foot this trip. We were in and out of the store in 10 minutes with ONLY the backpack - some pretty serious hunting, I'd say. Get in , get the goods, get out...yup.

We all went to Swiss Chalet for dinner - pecan pie is great...when it's warmed up...which it wasn't...but it was still good.

Stayed up late watching TV and talking and making Banana Bread Muffins...off to bed 11ish to read 'The Shunning" by Beverly Lewis.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzz......

No comments:

Post a Comment