About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 7 - July 5th

Last week I called the Bishop of the Castle Downs ward to get some phone numbers so I could arrange a ride to church today. He gave me the numbers of the RS President and her two counsellors. He told me he'd be away and he thought the RS President would be away but Thursday afternoon I started by calling her anyway - you never know. I got her answering machine.

Then I called the 2nd counselor as her name was familiar to me. Her little girl answered and said her mom was at work and no, her dad couldn't come to the phone because he was at work, too. I left a message that I would call back. Each time I did, I got the answering machine. I found out later that she had gone away for the weekend, too.

After my first phone call to the 2nd counselor, I called the 1st counselor. Another answering machine. I wondered - what's the chances of all three of these ladies being away at the same time? I found out later that this sister's mother had just got her visa to come to Canada and that they had been busy picking her up and getting her settled in.

No luck with phone calls I turned to the transit map. It only took me 2 hours to decide that no matter how I configured it, I would have to spend 2 hours and transfer 3 times jut to get there 30 minutes late! Incredible - this is a 12 minute car ride. I threw that idea out.

I debated walking, then I passed on that. It would take me at least 2 hours just to get there.

Then I called about taxi rates - $15-20. I'd spent a lot more on things of a lot less worth. I figured I'd try to get a ride home from a member but if that didn't work out I'd take my walking clothes with me.

The cab ride was interesting - from the website and yellow pages ad all these cars were supposed to be equipped with a GPS. I guess they missed this one. I had to direct his first major turn. It was hilarious! He stopped right in the middle of a usually busy street, backed up and headed the right way! From then on I knew I'd have to watch him.

We got the the church parking lot safe and sound for $15.60. I debated handing him cash and, instead, gave him my MC. He tried three times but it kept saying 'invalid expiration date'. How is 08/09 invalid? He did put it in right...it was a good thing I'd finally listened to the still small voice telling me to get cash out yesterday.

Church was great - my spirit was truly fed. I met a nice lady who gave me a ride home, too!

I spent the rest of the day journal ling... and yes, I read - and finished - The Shunning. I also finished the next book in the series. The plot resolutions were a little contrived but pleasant stories nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment