About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 2 - June 30th

Awake 7ish, we stayed in bed snoozing until the kids left for work, then up and at it.

Got to the Temple for 9:30. I love it there. I wish I could stay there forever - it's so peaceful and beautiful and free from worldly cares, but life cannot be avoided or circumvented so it was back out the doors and to Costco about noon.

We ate a quick lunch, did a bit of shopping - strawberries, blueberries, cherries and this very cool salad. It's called Ancient Grains and it's absolutely nummy. You can eat it as it is or add peppers, cucumber, red onion (or whatever) and serve it on top of lettuce or add it to a wrap....mmmmm.

Back to Crissy's where Bernard got his things together and left - first to go to a job site to check out measurements etc. and then he's back home to Linden.

The kids finished packing, making lunches and left around 4.

Hmmm...on my own...in a strange city...no around to watch...hmmmm what do you think was the first thing I did?

If you said "watch TV", you'd be right! All those channels, a PS3, DVDs, ... the mind was boggled!

I watched a DVD, then some TV. I found "The No.1 Ladies Detective Agency" and was in my glory. Precious Ramotswe is a wonderful detective and her Mr. JLB Maketoni is the wonderful owner of Speedy Motors. They live in Botswana, Africa and I'm going there to visit them one day!

Ok...I know they aren't real...sigh... but it is a great series of books and, now, a mini series as well.

I wanted Chinese food for supper but felt that will all the food in the fridge - I'd save my $ and eat in. I made a great wrap, had some of that amazing Ancient Grains salad and lots of cherries!

Remind me to never again...ever again...eeeewww...make and eat a bag of Act II sugar-free kettle corn popcorn!!!! Nasssty stuffsss that isss!

Off to bed...later than last night...1ish to read more of "The Shunning". I am noticing a trend in these novels by this author. There is always someone rebelling or wanting to rebel against the Old Order in the Amish community. They also seem to revolve around unplanned pregnancy, the death ( or supposed death) of the infant and a suspicious adoption of an infant. I don't mind reading predictable stories but if I sense this series is going to be a repeat of the previous one...well, I guess I'll have to go sit in the lobby and read a Movie magazine...lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment