About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 3 - July 1st Happy Canada Day!

Well, as the saying goes, "late to bed- late to rise"... that may not be how the saying goes but that's certainly how it goes. So why do I feel guilty sleeping in? I mean, it's not like I have any specific agenda. This is a holiday of sorts, isn't it?

That's not how the human spirit works, though. Take my son, Brent, for instance. Always acting up in church and at school. One day, on one of my many trips to the school at the beckoning of the principal, I arrived to find Brent in a room devoid of furniture, books, and, well, completely empty - except for my son who was quite busy as it turns out. He'd fashioned a toy out of fluff, an overlooked paper clip and some bits of paper. That's the human spirit - always looking for something to do, some way to create, something to say - "I've been here and I made my mark."

Well, I made my mark today, alright. Boy, wait until those two get home...lol! No, it's not that bad - the pantry and the spice/baking supplies cupboards look good...really.

The cats think I'm nuts, although I think Jade secretly wants to be me when she grows up. I saw her peeking around the corner as I danced wildly around the living room to some 70's music on a cable TV music station. When I looked at her, she found her paws to be rather interesting

Tigger - he just disappeared. He's no fool...lol!!

I thought Jade would follow him when I performed my 'Stomp" routine with an empty 18L water jug and an empty 4l beverage container. That was soooo much fun. I think I really might have some talent in that direction...just ask Jade!

I saved $ again today by making my own pizza instead of calling Pizza 73. I used some Costco pizza that I brought and added orange peppers, vidalia onion, Parmesan, cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. I even made some dipping sauce with mayo, BBQ sauce and a little honey...mmm

I won a game of Spider solitaire (2 suits) and gave my lungs a real workout singing along with Otis Redding on the dock of the bay, Aretha Franklin looking for a little respect and Jim Croce's old friend bad, bad Leroy Brown. ... guess it's a little late to see if I left any windows open...
...ooops...
...blush...
...hey, what's all that clapping out there...
...hold it down, I'll sign the recording contract tomorrow...
...lol!!!!!!!

Ok...off to bed. It's after midnight and "The Shunning" awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment