About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Friday, July 3, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 4 - July 2nd

Let's see... what did I do today?

Well...I watered Cristen's garden.

Then I ... picked some parsley and ... found some raffia to hang it by ( yeah, I know...pretty rustic, eh?) and then I ... hung it from this awesome spice cabinet she has on the wall (pretty artsy, too, eh?)lol!

Let's see... oh yeah and I did my best to break up a couple of fights in the back yard and then...

Okay, okay...I'll tell you about the fights.

I was taking the hose from the main garden area over to the raspberry patch when I noticed this little piece of chain on the sidewalk. It rolled and then moved sideways and then rolled again. Getting down on my knees I saw that the 'chain' was three ants.

At first glance I thought the two ants were working together to bring some dead bug to the nest. Wrong - on second glance I could see that two ants were tugging on opposite ends of a third ant. At first it looked like the ant in the middle was a different type until I saw it struggle and saw how hard the other ants were pulling it. It wasn't different, it was just stretched right out!

I tried to use my fingernails to pull them apart - no luck. I grabbed a pair of nearby twigs and, trust me, it took a lot of MY strength to separate one end. I quickly tried to get the other end separated but no luck there, either. Instead the two ants left formed a circle - head to head. I guess they were copying the dance another pair of ants was making to the left! Weird...

I spent the rest of the day toggling between cleaning, Spider Solitaire (yes, again), home reno shows and my writing assignment.

That assignment is driving me crazy. I guess it's just not my fortune to be a naturally gifted writer that never has to work at her craft...whine, sniff, wince.

I hit the sack a little earlier. I want to get up earlier, finish the cleaning, finish the assignment and get it in the mail!...and I need to get in another few pages of The Shunning...nite, nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment