About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Friday, July 3, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 5 - July 3rd

During the night, the cats joined me. I was wondering how long that'd take. They're not used to sleeping without someone to snuggle up to - or so I thought. But it was only to make sure that I was otherwise occupied before they began their midnight games.

They made so much noise, I actually woke up. Part of me lay there sleepily debating whether I should get up and see if it really was just cats creating that ruckus and the other part of me struggled to keep my heart rate under control while mentally trying out and rejecting hiding places should I hear footsteps coming down the stairs.

Then, of course, like any other normal responsible person in charge of the well being of 2 felines and their home - I fell asleep.

I continued the day in the same pattern established yesterday - working on my assignment, ripping out my hair, screaming aloud, "Tom, why did you keep the cat?!!?", interspersed with Spider Solitaire, and cleaning. I did vary the routine, though, - I watched some woman take credit and debit cards away from couples in serious debt instead of a home reno show.

I also found a goodie bag Edmonton Transit sent around a few days before I got here. It has 2 adult transit tickets, a pen, a pad of paper and a transit map. This fits in nicely with my plans to visit the Farmer's Market tomorrow... now if I can only figure out the shortest route there - so far I'm down to 3 buses in 64 minutes...hmmmm..

Off to bed to read - you guessed it - more of The Shunning...shhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment