About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day 6 - July 4th

Well, well, well. I guess I showed those cats who was boss...yep...oh yeah... I lured them out of the living room...and shut the door...oh yeah...it was a thing of beauty to behold...a great night's sleep was mine...Ahhhh...the only thing I don't understand is why I didn't think of it before my 5th night here?!?!?!?!

Okay...deep breath...one more... there that's better.

So - today I finally did it. I took my courage in my hand, put my backpack on my back, got my feet into my shoes and all of me out the door! (loud rebel yell...WHOOOOO!!)

Ever watched 'Mantracker' ? It's a reality show where this guy on a horse has to track human prey while they run for their lives trying to beat him to the finish line. They do NOT want him to catch them. Well my bus run this morning was like that - with a 'twist'. I was pretty sure I'd gotten to the bus stop a bit ahead of the next bus, so I started playing a game I used to play all the time during my busing it days. I walked from stop to stop trying to see how far I'd get before the bus came. The 'twist' is I wanted the bus to catch up with me - and guess what, 8 blocks later it did...thank goodness - I wanted to get to the Strathcona Farmer's Market before the popcorn guy was gone!

The market was great - lots of samples and the popcorn guy!!!!! I bought a couple of cool, inexpensive (cheap applies to quality - inexpensive applies to price - at least that's what my husband keeps reminding me) necklaces and an...interesting ...almond...bar... well, what did I expect for 75 cents? But it was absolutely miles ahead of the two chocolate ... things ... I bought.

They looked great - two chocolate creations poured into cute mini muffin cups and topped with nuts; one was a peanut butter cup, the other a Turtles...mmmm. I nestled them carefully in my backpack until I'd get home where I could do them proper justice. (Not like the popcorn. I had to stop at a bench and eat it down so I could at least close the backpack zipper which kept opening up as the bag bobbled while I walked.)

Anyway, back to the chocolate. Ick, ick and ick...did I say ick? Because I really wanted to say ick. Ick. ick. ick! Two treats never hit the trash can so fast. The chocolate reminded me of a time I was given Ex-lax and told it was chocolate. Here my mouth was already for this nummy, chocolate deliciousness to ooze its way over my tongue and what did I get? Waxy, no flavor, no cream ick! Ick, ick and ick!

I may need a recovery program to get over that experience.

Anyway, it's off to bed to read some more of ... you know. lol!

Nite, nite...

No comments:

Post a Comment