About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day Two Sept 17th

Cristen and Chris are in Vancouver at the Inn at False Creek. I know...I left a message for them to call me...not a frantic one...not in a frantic tone, anyway...more about that in a minute.

Getting up at 4:30 wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be considering I hadn't gotten to bed until 1:15AM. [I don't know what time the kids went to bed, I could still hear them as I drifted off.]

We were all out the door by 5:30 and while Chris got gas at the 7-11, Cristen and I got some cash out of the bank machine.

On the way to the airport I remembered that we probably wouldn't be able to have breakfast together - turns out they were thinking the same thing. Once they got their luggage on the cart it was hugs all around and then I hopped into the driver's seat so they could see how to adjust the passenger side mirror for me. Someone had smacked it and it no longer would keep it's position. Cristen held the mirror where I wanted it and Chris taped it in place with a bit of clear packing tape along the top and along the bottom. Waves all around and we were both off- in different directions.

I stopped at Timmy's on the way home and ate my breakfast in the rapidly approaching dawn in the parking lot of Zellers.

On the way home I wondered where the registration and insurance was for the car. I'm a good driver but there may be a policeman out there who needs more paperwork to do and I sure don't want to be the mother-lode for him.

At home, I quickly went through the glove compartment - nope, not there. Starting to hold my breath a bit. I went through the console - nope. Less breathing. The compartment below the radio - nope. Ok, definitely low on air now.

Thought - Hmmm... my car is still here - granted it's now in a fenced yard but, if worse comes to worse, I can reinstate the insurance {I came up with only one day insurance as Cristen is buying the car} for a month. I'm still obsessed with finding these documents, though.

So...now back to the beginning of this post. In case you don't feel like scrolling back up or in case you were so caught up in this post that you forgot about it's beginning - here's a recap - I called and left a message for them at their hotel in Vancouver.

It took forever for a return call - ok, so I did leave the message before they'd even left the ground here, but this is the modern age, isn't it, where everything moves faster than the speed of light?

Anyway, when Cristen called back we chatted about their flight (I'll let her tell you about turbulence, airplane restrooms and flashing lights...on her blog), the zippy, scary cab ride and the fact that she was now chatting to me while laying across one of the two beds in their room. {Chris was on the other all stretched out}.

She didn't seem concerned that I had phoned - this is good - this means they trust me...no fires or escaped animals crossed their minds - this is good.

She laughed when I told her I was concerned that I couldn't locate the documentation for their car. She directed me to a somewhat secretish compartment in the door of the glove compartment where I was relieved to discover the nervously sought after papers...ah, no more wondering how to get that section of fence out of the way of my half-sold car (no paperwork done on that yet...hmmm paperwork seems to be plaguing me doesn't it...?) And, hey...is that some 0's rushing back into my lungs??? Ah, pure bliss...

Anyway, all is well. It's back to the phone to chat about a Stampin' Up! order with Trish. Apparently there is a gigantic sale on...sale...did someone say sale...?

Gotta go...!...and breathe...in and out...this paperwork is the good kind!

No comments:

Post a Comment