About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day Four Sept 19

I drove to Red Deer today to meet my husband, Bernard, and my parents to attend a concert featuring Marvin Goldstien and some local performers. It took me a little longer than I thought and, on arrival, quickly hopped into our van in the Value Village parking lot.

The drive to the Red Deer College only took a few minutes and Bernard dropped the three of us off at the door. We found our seats in no time and what great seats they were! We were about 4 rows from the stage. What an amazing view we had.

The show was opened by 'Precious Cargo' - 4 sisters that sing beautiful harmony accompanied by their mom Pat on the piano. This family, and indeed all the performers including the star of the show, are all members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. [Pat attends our branch in Three Hills and her daughter Amy - who I know well - is a dental hygenist in Three Hills.]

It was a really good show. Brother Goldstien is a great comedian and his fingers literally fly over the keyboard. It was a pleasure to watch and a joy to hear.

Most remarkable was Amy's performance of a song she wrote. Marvin played, she sang and it was marvellous. Music is truly a gift from God.

After the show, we went to Mom and Wes's favorite Chinese buffet and I was pleased that I contained myself. [I'm trying hard to respect my body by watching what I eat.] After that, we found a gas station that had air [for $1.00 - I wonder if taxes on air are coming soon...;)] and Bernard filled the rear passenger side tire on Chris's car that I had driven down in.

We hugged and parted ways - I had wanted to do some shopping in Red Deer but decided that I'd rather get back to Edmonton while there was still some light - and off I went.

I arrived home about 8PM and settled myself in bed with a good book. Ahhh...what a sweet day.

No comments:

Post a Comment