About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day Five Sept 20th

The day dawned cloudy and windy - I really expected rain, but was pleasantly disappointed.

I attended church in the Castle Downs Ward and renewed an acquaintance. I attended the 'Investigator's Class' - a class for people interested in learning about the Church and for people newly baptized to learn more about the church they now belong to and their duties as new members. It was great. We studied about the millenium - the 1000 years reign of the Savior on earth before the final judgement of all people. I learned new things and was able to share things I'd learned in the past and had a testimony of.

I was glad to get the bulletin and the announcements - there' a few activities I'd like to go to while I'm here. The ladies meet at 7PM on Tuesdays to walk around a lake I've never seen before, there's a ladies Temple night planned and we were all given info on a very cool event coming up this next Saturday. It's called -

"The Great Potato Giveaway"
"The Edmonton Potato Growers and the Greater Edmonton Alliance have teamed up to bring Edmontonians (hey...I'm a temporary one...!) to their own 'Local Harvest' on some of our city's most spectacular farmland"
They will be giving every person tools and reusable bags to dig up their own 50 lbs of potatoes They are also offering a class on growing your own potatoes on your own city lot! There will be a farmer's market, too.
I spent some time on the Church's YouTube Channel watching some very uplifting videos and now I'm ready for bed - it's early but I'm ready. 'nite

No comments:

Post a Comment