About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

House/Cat Sitting Day Eleven - Sept 26th

I started off the day feeling pretty well like my usual self energy-wise.

I had brought my juicer with me and I took this opportunity to have my ABC's for the day - apple, beet, carrot. The carrots and beets were from the garden and I used my favorite apple = Royal Gala...delicious!

I headed off to the 'Great Potato Giveaway' but never ended up there. There was at least a mile long row of cars inching along the side of the highway and after about 20 minutes and 2 blocks later I decided to give up the free potatoes! I got back into the flow of regular traffic, turned around and instead headed toward my favorite Farmer's Market at Strathcona ;)

I bought some nice nectarines, put a deposit down on three more wire daisies [the lady who makes them wasn't there that day and hadn't left any - I'll pick them up next Sat], and got a bag of my favorite Kettle Popcorn - fresh and hot!

I felt 'brown out's' all day and almost stayed home at night but I pushed myself to attend the annual RS dinner and General RS Broadcast from Salt Lake. Dinner was a great salad bar, I sat with people I didn't know - turns out some of them even knew where Linden was :D - and enjoyed the wonderful spiritual food of the broadcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment