About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Friday, March 27, 2009

Sing, sing...sing a song

I have a song to sing. You have a song to sing. It flows through your veins and is undeniably yours and yours alone. Find it and then sing it. It's okay, at first, to sing someone else's song. That's how you learn what a song is all about. Eventually, though, you need to find your own voice.

"Let other people decide who you are and you will always be their prisoner."

Think about that for a bit. You are not here to be somebody's somebody. You are not here to fulfill someone else's dreams. You are here to experience your own potential.

Finding out who you are and why you are here is a life long quest. This life truly is a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' - remember those books? I loved them. They were pretty safe - if you made the wrong choice, you could always turn back to the page where you first went wrong and choose again. Real life involves risk - but it's ALWAYS worth it - if you truly want to find and sing your song.

Something to think about - something to reach out for - now, let me hear you sing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Diane,
    Yes, songs help to give us joy. If we have made them up they are a reflection of our heart. Last night we went to the jam session at the coffe shop and it ended up turning into a sing-song. You just can't beat those good old tunes that are as old as time. NH

    ReplyDelete