About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Merlin

I wrote this poem about a cat I owned ...well, okay...no one really 'owns' a cat but he let me think I did...anyway, he was a great cat and we hated to have to give him away when we moved from Vancouver Island to Toronto in 1992. I have many stories about Merlin and will post them as time goes by...onto the poem...

Note: Please excuse any punctuation/capitalization errors - when it posted all the line spacing between the verses disappeared...


To Merlin
Hello, my lovely cat,
catcher of mice and birds.
watcher of cows and keeper of the fence.
You are so beautiful, my
licker of fur, twitcher of tail,
master of stretches and scratcher of fleas.
I love to sit and watch you,
archer of backs
preener of fur and wiper of whiskers.
And I wonder, my
pouncer of leaves, meower of nights,
purrer of tales and gazer on endless realms
Where it is you go when you leave me?
Never mind, you wonderful
lounger of couches,
sleeper of sunny days and cuddler of cold feet...
It doesn't matter
As long as you come back
day after glorious day...to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment