About Me

My photo
I love my life. I'm contented enough to be relaxed and discontented enough to quest. I want to see it all, smell it all and touch it all and through writing I can. I'm especially grateful for the gospel in my life. I don't need to search anymore. I can get on with perfecting talents and abilities.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Strength in the Face of Adversity

The Japanese people are one of the strongest when it comes to determination and perserverance. Though I can't believe how much my heart aches for them in this time of horrendous calamity, I have faith that their resilience will lead them to recovery.

I know all things are in the Lord's hands and that this disaster did not take Him by surprise. ' ... and not one of them shall fall on the ground...' but that He knows it. Matthew 10:29

Nevertheless, we are His hands, feet, eyes, ears and hearts and so we must do all we can to help. Prayer is a good place to start. Then we will receive direction on how best to help. Until Japan can tell us what they need we can't do a lot - but we can prepare. Everyone needs food, warmth, clothing and housing to begin with. I will donate through my church. Please help any way you can. Every little bit turns into a collective big bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment